The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radiator fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The big blue pig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radiator fans
    Posted: 02 Jul 19 at 08:31
I’ve got a 2.1wbx and I don’t seem to have a rad fan. When I’m sitting in traffic the water temp rises and I start to get the oil light flicker on and off but goes if I rev it a bit. I’m wondering if I fit a fan will this issue go away.
danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 19 at 11:10
Are you saying there is no radiator fan fitted, or there is a fan but it does not come on when the temperature rises?
The oil light flickering does point towards a pressure issue, but that could also simply be down to a faulty pressure switch, engine tickover too low, or other issue with oil system such as incorrect viscosity of oil (possibly diluted with fuel).
Testing oil pressure with a temporary known to be good mechanical oil pressure gauge might be a good idea to start with.
gary1998 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 19 at 22:43
is it possible the red light that is flickering on and off is water temp/low coolant light 
beware the fury of a patient man

http://www.eireball.com/
The big blue pig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The big blue pig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 19 at 23:01
I found the fan but the fuse was blown (should have check this first) I’ll keep an eye on the fuse and check the oil pressure with a gauge. Thanks for the advice 
 Post Reply Post Reply