The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLEX CARB ADVICE NEEDED!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLEX CARB ADVICE NEEDED!!
    Posted: 26 Jun 19 at 15:23
Hey!! 

Ive got a T3 West Joker, 1983 Water cooled 1900cc
Help needed! Having issues with my engine cutting out at junctions/traffic lights unless foot is on the accelerator. Once driven for about and hour if it cuts out it just won't start until cool.

Had the Carb cleaned and re-built but since then having only driven it around the block the flange has split in exactly the same place again and just won't tick over nicely?! 

Taken to the garage as its now a little out of my range to fix up as I am learning as I go :/ they have suggested I invest in a weber carb to replace this solex  34 pict 5. In order to do so I will need to change the inlet manifold as mine is a DF coded engine and weber is saying only fits onto a DG engine!?

First of all...is any of this carb change even necessary??? What would you recommend if it is? As I am having many mixed reviews!! 

Also there is a slight hole just out side the exhaust connection so that could be letting in air too? Causing the the mixture to be weak? Who knows! 

Basically I just need lots of help! haha Please!

Thanks in advance everyone!!
Jessie x
JessyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 19 at 15:24
T3 WESTY JOKER*****
Jessie x
lambretta lee View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lambretta lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 19 at 18:36
That carb will work perfectly well if you sort it ..Is the idle jet blocked ? under the arm on the right hand side looking from the rear of the van
 Post Reply Post Reply