The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9tdi AFN + 5 speed DX/AAP gearbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skunkfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9tdi AFN + 5 speed DX/AAP gearbox
    Posted: 17 Jun 19 at 12:17
Thinking of returning my bus to original engine and gearbox for classic vehicle registration and indefinite stay in my possession, seeing that it's not really selling as a whole package as shown in this add:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=277508439

So I'd have on offer a 1.9tdi AFN running perfectly and within "new" spec and dimensions on parts (has been measured and checked, has had new rings, new crank bearings, new gaskets, new waterpump, distribution etc), overhauled turbo and pump, stainless exhaust, together with the five speed gearbox mated to it through a new clutch, which is a DX with a AAP final drive, giving it the best combination of original VW gears (0.77 fifth with 4.57 final drive). Of course the engine comes with the entire electrical harness, computer, K&N air filter, inter-cooler, 120amp alternator with rev-counter signal out, there's even the AC compressor on the engine etc. Basically,  it's a bolt-on setup into your engine mounts.
The only flaw is that sometimes, not often, on deceleration, the gearbox 'jumps' out of second gear.

I've put more than 2500 euros into the whole thing. I can arrange cheap transport on a pallet for the whole package. If anyone is interested I can send pictures and films of the engine running, even OBD scans if needed.

Waiting for offers, given that it's a ready to install package, no headaches, engine has been run-in already, runs great. Unless there's someone interested in the whole bus! :)

I can answer any inquiries here or by phone.

Post Reply Post Reply