The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carburettor Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carburettor Problems
    Posted: 15 Jun 19 at 16:22
Hi I am a new T3 owner. Am I in the right place? I believe I have a problem with my Carburettor as I stall A LOT at junctions. 

Im in Wales and my bus is my daily driver and it has to be on the road continuously. Could anyone give me some advice where I could either buy a new carburettor or somewhere I could take it, get the carburettor that I have serviced and reinstalled (preferably in a day).

I did consider servicing it myself but I think its above my pay grade. Tried watching a You Tube video of the service but the dude had five manuals on the go. That means its above my intelligence levels. 

I am a F reg, 1.9 petrol, water cooled, twin sliding door model. 

Many Thanks

Simon
danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 19 at 22:58
It might just be a blocked pilot jet causing the stalling. The carbs are quite complex but it is generally just one thing that is wrong because there is little chance multiple things fail or go out of adjustment at the same time.
Also worth checking for air / vacuum leaks from loose or damaged lines or connections.

Post Reply Post Reply