The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT 35 2.4d non turbo Camper for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerryelferreto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT 35 2.4d non turbo Camper for sale
    Posted: 21 May 19 at 18:18
Rushed into buying the lt 35 long wheelbase camper in a moment of madness. Checked underneath and it was solid. Chassis and floor perfect for my restoration project. Checked out the cost of the panels for the lower part repair work and all available and comes to about £400. Perfect. Me and my mig will spend a few weeks getting that sorted. And off to Europe. I was very happy with that....I enjoy a bit of panel beating and have done up other bodies in the past.
I drove the van back from Bristol to Plymouth 120 miles. I wish I had driven it before I handed over the cash, but I heard it running and it sounded alright but a bit rough.
It was very slow and sluggish. I should have turned round and gone back but the V5 had already been put in the letterbox right outside their house.
Still it did make it back. 
 The injectors leak and it smokes when it starts for a few minutes. Some people say its injectors some people say its timing, someone said the heads cracked....What ever it is I think it could do with another engine.
The Good Bits...It does have an MOT till Christmas and its pretty solid.
Its far to good to break. Give me £750 for it and you can tow it away legally. I paid more than twice that.
OR maybe someone has an engine for it or can tell me what engine will fit. I still like it and would be happy to get it running well.          Gerry    07964308289
 Post Reply Post Reply