The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New engine time following a bang!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biker1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New engine time following a bang!
    Posted: 21 May 19 at 14:52
Hi

Looking for some advice - so after restoring the van and major servicing the engine - it decided to go Bang - ironically coming home from the Big bang at Santapod.

Its a 1.6d non turbo - I'm looking at the cheapest and fastest way to get back on the road to enjoy the summer.

I have some questions - I cant find a 1.6 JC engine but the head gasket has started to go  - happy to skim and put new gaskets etc.

There is also a JX motor locally - does this fit straight in ?

I've been told AAZ and 1Z - but trying to find them seems difficult as would prefer to buy and here running

Any recommendation for a good easy swap engine please 

jaber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 19 at 19:50
Jx should fit straight in as long as you have all ancillaries, turbo, air feed pipe etc oil return, etc,  you would need a turbo exhaust I recon, I have a late system if y need one, if it’s complete you should be laughing 

Steve
take yer time there's a second prize
colinthefox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinthefox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 19 at 20:44
I have a 1.6 CS engine here. We've done 20K miles on it and it was running perfectly when I changed it for a 1.9 a few years ago. Carefully stored in the dry with injection pump full of lube oil since then. I'm asking £250 for it because it's in the way and I'm not going to use it again. It's near Bridgwater Somerset.

PM me if interested
1.9D AEF T3 Kamper

All sorts of other oil burners too.

Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 19 at 05:24
Think about putting an AGG in......
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
biker1981 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biker1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 19 at 19:19
Hi all

I have sourced a cheap 1.6cs engine - they started noticing water in the oil I have stripped and head looks good no visible cracks - I was going to have it skimmed but someone told me you cant skim the diesel heads?

Do I just rebuild with new gaskets - or get it pressure tested and head measured? cant seemt o find the head warp tolerance anywhere
Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 19 at 19:58
from memory it 0.1mm over the length,
biker1981 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biker1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 19 at 19:46
so I found. Slow mileage full service history golf with the 1y engine so going down that route... read lots about it but any hints tips or advice always welcome 
 Post Reply Post Reply