The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1983 1.9 wbx Hightop LHD £4,950

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1983 1.9 wbx Hightop LHD £4,950
    Posted: 12 May 19 at 20:35
My red LHD 1983 1.9 wbx high top camper is up for sale. it will have 12 months mot so is set for the year of camping etc. its got 85k miles on the clock but ive had it for 6 years and can account for it since it had 75k miles. as for time before that I have no idea about how many miles it has done.

its got saab seats in the front; stainless exhaust from Tony Banks; weber carb; lowered 40mm bilstein shocks and springs; one key for locks; stainless side bars and merc dark grey teledial type alloys. its recently also had new dizzy and fuel pump. Ive had power steering fitted and this transforms the driveability of it.

Internally its got wardrobe, cupboards and bespoke dildo unit in it which my mate did for me and is top notch. its got a pull out bed inthe roof which I used to sleep in with my eldest but we are both too old for that now. (I'm over 6 foot so shows how much room there is). There is also a 3/4 rock n roll bed so it could sleep all 4 of us no problem. its also got a 3 way fridge (gas doesn't work though), Smev hob and sink, water pump and waste fitted, hook-up and sockets and a big cupboard at the front so it really is a very functional camper. Its also got Bluetooth stereo and decent speakers. it also has some paisley internal blinds (which may not be your cup of tea but obsession of mine).

Its wired up for solar panel so it has control panel and regulator and wiring.

Mechanically it is sound. It used to be a problematic starter but now it starts first time every time since new carb and dizzy. It is 5 speed and is neither the slowest or fastest T3 you will ever see. with the lowered suspension it sits well (its as per Brickwerks recommendation at 40mm and their suspension kit).

I have spent loads on it over the years and have had bodywork done on it and if I keep it I will do some more at the end of the year. So its not in perfect condition bodywise but they seldom are. I have loads of receipts and records for the work done.

I am selling it because we have a big tent and we use that more than the van. I still love it for my lads weekends and festivals but it doesn't really justify it so looking for a crewcab for me as lads van and as workhorse for tent and maybe caravan at later stage - getting old!

I have spent loads but know you don't get your money back so I'm not being daft about asking price (well I don't think so anyway) at £4,995.

please email for photos. I'm in northallerton, north Heaven.
Camoboy View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 19 at 20:42
Not sure if this link works for pictures:-

https://s12.photobucket.com/user/garyfielding/media/IMG_6829_zpsz3cfpbt9.jpg.html

and no idea where "north Heaven" is - should be North Heaven. its nice place but I wouldn't claim its heaven like!
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 19 at 20:57

Y O R K S H I R E = Heaven
Back in the slow lane, yeah!
 Post Reply Post Reply