The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted: Westfalia Joker opening window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmolloy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: Westfalia Joker opening window
    Posted: 12 May 19 at 15:16
Hi All

New to the forum and looking for advice. I have a 1984 westfalia joker high top that is just out of a full strip down and respray back to original condition. The bad news is that the acrylic opening window above the cooker was dropped by the garage and is now broken. Does anyone have or know of where I could get a replacement in bronze? I’ve tried Gunzl to no avail. Apparently these are as rare as hens teeth.

All help greatly appreciated

J
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 19 at 16:19
try Henk Laumen in Holland, not the friendliest but he has a lot pieces.

Regards,
Kris
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 19 at 20:44

Have you tried VW Classic Parts?

It can be a challenge to navigate to what you want, and a part number will greatly help your search; but I did eventually manage to find a pair of brand new, old stock roof side windows, frames and seals for my Westy Florida, and they're in the same bracket as hens teeth/rocking horse shit etc

Edited by Chappy - 13 May 19 at 20:47
Back in the slow lane, yeah!
 Post Reply Post Reply