The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rear wahser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote california Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rear wahser
    Posted: 25 Mar 19 at 16:47
can anyone tell me the routing of the rear washer water pipe as i have a leak in the rear tailgate. the leak is after exiting the van

CaliMan
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 19 at 09:05
I think it goes over the roof on the driver's side. Check for the leak inside the tailgate first because that more likely.    If that is ok have a look in the conduit where it leaves the tailgate in case it's fractured and running back into the tailgate.  

It sounds like the water is lying in the tailgate and leaking out when you open it.  You can usually put a short repair section in with a couple of straight connectors.  If the leak is inside the conduit don't put the connectors inside it (use a longer section of new pipe to span the conduit) because there isn't much room in there plus the repair won't flex properly and will break again.  
2004 2.5 174
california View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote california Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 19 at 13:27
Thanks vanorak i will check

CaliMan
 Post Reply Post Reply