The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 Cruise control not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiftsam12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 Cruise control not working
    Posted: 01 Mar 19 at 20:25
Hi I have a t5 1.9 2009 with factory fitted cruise control but its not working. Im not getting any cruise control lights on the dash the brake and clutch switches appear to be working ok. Are there any other things I can easily check. I've read somewhere about a black wire with yellow stripe if this is anything to do with it
Thanks Sam
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 19 at 01:35
Did it ever work correctly for you ?  If so, check the bonnet is closed properly and the bonnet sensor is also working properly.  If a control unit thinks the bonnet is open it won't allow cruise control to work.
Swiftsam12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiftsam12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 19 at 07:28
Ahh ok il check that thanks. And no its never worked since I've owned it cheers
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 19 at 08:54
Have you got any fault lights on the dash ?
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 19 at 22:20
It sounds obvious but the first thing to do is to carefully check every fuse both inside the cab and down beside by the battery. You must check them with a meter or test light and not rely on just looking at them.
My early van has factory CC but I remember on the later vans the green CC dash light works differently. I only say this because you might get some conflicting answers! On the early vans you flick the CC switch on and get a green light on the dash to show that the CC is powered up then you use the 'Set' or 'Resume' buttons. I think yours should only show the green light when the CC in engaged (using set or resume). 

If you are sure all fuses are ok you need to get it on VCDS and make sure the CC switches are all working properly and confirm that those clutch and brake pedal switches really are showing on/off as they should. Make sure the brake lights, tail lights and fog lights are all working correctly, it's common enough to find a wrong bulb fitted.
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply