The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 Battery drain problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 Battery drain problem
    Posted: 21 Feb 19 at 18:53
Hi, i recently bought a new all in one head unit from ebay (sat nav, reversing camera, phone, dvd etc) but now have a flat battery after a day and a half. How can i get round the problem?

Thanks in advance. Chris.

T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 19 at 19:53
I'm no expert on this stuff but it depends on what you have bought and the year of your van. The early vans for instance are different. You may have to switch a couple of wires around in the new adaptor as I did. Aftermarket radios often need adapting to suit the electrical system of the vehicle they are being fitted to but most of the correct connectors are easily available.
Google what you have bought and the year of your van and you'll be swamped! Is it working normally or is it loosing presets every time you switch off?
2004 2.5 174
Chris Miles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 19 at 20:24
Hi mate, it does not loose the presets when switched off. Its a 2012 T5.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 19 at 20:37
It's probably best to disconnect it so you can be sure it is that causing the problem (And stop the battery going flat!) If you can't find the answer online a local car stereo place would help. It's probably something being kept alive by the CAN system by being confused by incorrect connections.
2004 2.5 174

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 19 at 20:51
Thanks mate, ive disconnected it at mo, im thinking that it may be due to the live coming from the connector, have to switch the radio on from the switch on the front of the radio, normally a radio will come on when you turn the ignition.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 19 at 21:02
Ive seen this vid on youtube, i may have to do this....

Post Reply Post Reply