The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuck In Germany With Sprinter!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuck In Germany With Sprinter!
    Posted: 17 Feb 19 at 19:20
Hi all,
After planning the trip of out lifetime, travelling through Europe and across to the Far East, we got as far as Germany.
Our Sprinter 313 CDI W906 (2008 with 230,000 miles), is on a 'go-slow'. No engine lights came on, the only fault showing on diagnostics is a throttle voltage issue, which was cleared. The camper is very sluggish, it is not in 'limp mode', but dies on hills and has lost its usually decent acceleration. There is also a sooty smell around the van. I went to a garage where that replaced the EGR and checked for injector leaks etc. The MAF was cleaned also.
Alas, none of the above fixed the problem, the van is really not fit to be driven on motorways or up any hills The MPG has also appeared to suffer, although this may be due to harder driving, trying to gain speed.
I THINK the used to regen the DPF (if it actually has one!), but I don't think this has happened in a while.

Any ideas folks on this issue, or dream holiday is not going so dreamily!

Regards,
Pat F
Pat F.
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 19 at 23:03
In my TDI engines there are a lot of temperature and air presure sensors. if just one of them is not working properly, it might go into "limp mode" Try to get an OBD2 conection (if you dont have one already) and software and use your computer to se what readings you should have.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply