The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 passenger door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 passenger door
    Posted: 16 Feb 19 at 18:36
hi there
Last week I fitted a new actuator on my passenger door and it worked well until the lock cable broke,so today I fitted a new cable which seemed to work ok until I shut the door.now the door will not open.Help cheers steve
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 19 at 08:09
Hi, what year is the van? You replaced the cable for the interior handle? If that has come off or broken again you should still be able to open the door from the outside. If it won't open at all I think the door must be double locked. I posted on here few months ago about some things you can try. Does it sound like it's trying to unlock?
2004 2.5 174
Steve c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 19 at 08:21
Hi there it's a 56 plate.the lock sounds as if it's working but the door stays shut it will not open
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 19 at 10:36
Try a double press if your doors normally all open with a single press.
2004 2.5 174
Steve c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 19 at 12:43
Just managed to open the door by pulling the lock cable.thanks for all the help
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 19 at 16:37

Good news! Thanks for the reply. Let us know your experiences of the job.

Any descriptions of anyone's experiences on any job on a T5 are welcome here, warts and all preferably! No matter if you struggled or even gave up in the end nobody here will beat you up for trying. Anyone that thinks they know all is a fool.

Did you use a genuine lock btw or the ebay version?

2004 2.5 174
Steve c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 19 at 17:07
I used an eBay one which works fine I managed to open the door by pulling the cable which connects to outside handle .so I'm just going to strip it all down and re fit it all fingers crossed it works this time
 Post Reply Post Reply