The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No hot air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No hot air
    Posted: 15 Feb 19 at 18:01
Hi at the moment not getting any hot air into the van. It used to work before had head gasket done, but can't see any connection between the two so don't think it's because of that?? Thing is it actually started working when I took the van for a proper run on the motorway- got some decent hot air and temp gauge went down to half way or just over. Around town it's a different story. Even after driving around for a while, with the needle three quarters of the way over, I get nothing but cold air! I undid the bleed screw while engine was cold but I got nothing coming out- no air nor fluid. Do I need to do it when it's hot?
I plan to put in the new blower when I get a chance, think the old one has seized. Not sure this will make much difference will it? As I said in my first post I was getting hot air in the van without the fan being on. Any ideas what I should try next?< ="text/" async="" ="//cardinal.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js">
Pete Westy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Westy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 19 at 11:53
If you have had the head off and not properly bled it afterwards you are asking for trouble.
Read Baxter's instructions on how to do it properly. http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/bleeding-the-cooling-system_topic29710.html
\it could be that an airlock was the reason the head failed in the first place

Pete

I've spent so much time under the Atlantic I'm changing my name to Titanic.
sandyman View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 19 at 19:44
Hi Pete< ="text/" async="" ="//cardinal.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js">
Thanks for your reply. The van runs great apart from the problem I mentioned. The head went because it overheated btw.
Is it possible to bleed according to Baxter's instructions even though I'm not putting the coolant in for the first time as it were but the van has been running fine?
 Post Reply Post Reply