The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T4 shaking like a broken washing machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barebones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T4 shaking like a broken washing machine
    Posted: 03 Dec 18 at 19:45
Hello

New member and would like opinions on this one; my T4 felt a bit iffy earlier today. Felt like there was a judder when in low revs waiting to pull off at a junction. Something didn't feel right. Took it out this evening and lost power on a hill. I was in 4th doing around 40mph - felt like it was about to stall. Shifted gear and made it, just.

Then the van was juddering (seems the best way to describe it). Felt really bad like riding over rough ground.

So, the symptoms are - loss of power and significant shaking.

It's a 2000 TDI. It's getting on in years and mileage - 268k on the clock. Had a recon g/box last year.

Any thoughts and contributions welcome before I take it to the garage, yet again.

Nice one
CPN
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 18 at 07:19
2.5 tdi or 1.9td? If the 2.5tdi then it sounds like limp mode plug it in and scan.
1.9 td is pre tdi tech no Ecu to scan. I’d be looking at static timing and turbo - pipes, waste gate. 1.9 is notorious for crankshaft pulley movement which will initially effect timing but rapidly lead to total disaster.
 Post Reply Post Reply