The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AFN - PD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AFN - PD
    Posted: 18 Oct 18 at 09:44
Anyone have any idea if the stud pattern is the same on the PD & AFN TDI? Thinking of upgrading the the 110 to a 130/150BHP engine.
It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
scoody View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 18 at 22:56
The exhaust manifolds fit and I think the head bolt pattern is the same.I have heard of people making hybrids but from PD bottom end to tdi not the other way round. The bottom end on a PD has a chain driven oil pump. Pistons and rods may be the same but I havent checked. Many will know more than me but the angled tdi sump wont fit.
andy1300gt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 18 at 07:11
Thank's for that. I have a 1.9 AFN at 50 degrees at moment attached to an adapter plate onto a UN1. Thinking more or the stud pattern on the engine block to gearbox. But as you pointed out, I would need to check the sump etc.
It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 18 at 12:36
The engine block stud pattern is the same, so the PD will fit to your diesel bell housing. You will need a custom made sump and quite a few other special parts. What HP is your AFN as a remap will take it to 140 hp and bigger injectors and a custom remap and fuel pump mods will take the AFN up to 200 hp with considerably more torque than the 230NM or the stock AFN.

Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
 Post Reply Post Reply