The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mercedes 3.2 engine conversion ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyinsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mercedes 3.2 engine conversion ???
    Posted: 16 Oct 18 at 16:37
Hi, i was about to scrap a mercedes clk 320 and had a light bulb moment ,The Doka could use that engine. the engine is solid but i wouldn't like to mess with the electrics so spoke to Emerald engine management and they said their K6 would control it if all the sensors are bosch brand. i imagine someone could make the adaptor plate, then its custom mounts onto a diesel cross bar? could this work ? its 212 BHP. 310 nm torque
T3 Crew cab . T4 camper T6 work van
scottyinsw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyinsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 18 at 16:53
its an Automatic, will that be a problem?
andy1300gt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 18 at 22:48
What plans do you have for a gearbox? There's a lot to think of here......Don't suppose its been done you would have had someone jumping in.

It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyinsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 18 at 14:29
Yeah i guessed the lack of interest means it can't be done, but it seems like a good idea as there is loads of 3.2 mercs on ebay for a few 100 pounds with rot or electrics problems. but great engines. i was thinking of the standard gearbox for now then upgrading to a flipped audi box.  the torque of a 3.2 is the same as a subaru impreza turbo or the golf r32. if the engine fails i can get another delivered for £200 lol
must be do able
andy1300gt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 18 at 16:36
No one says it can't be done, just no ones done. Check it out. I would be interested.....Smile
It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyinsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 18 at 18:11
ive checked with Emerald and they have confirmed the K6 could control it. just waiting on Kennedy engineering to see if they can do an adaptor kit
retroloz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 18 at 17:07
Install it, make it run, take lots of photos, then tell us all about it LOL
1983 mk1 Golf
1988 VW T3 GTI
2002 VW Golf MK4
http://retroloz.blogspot.co.uk/
 Post Reply Post Reply