The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tempreture question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tempreture question
    Posted: 15 Oct 18 at 09:00
Hi guys. New to the site so sorry if i get my admin wrong
I have a T5. 2010. With141K I have had it 4 years and love it however i have a problem with the temperature? I can cruise at 60 mph and its fine. If i run it at a higher speed the temp light comes on. If i put the heater on full and open the windows as its red hot the light goes off. When i pull up the fan is running for some while after. On two occasions the whole water has been lost. I have had a new water pump and belt fitted recently and the garage has had it on pressure test overnight. Can any of you wiz guys help
danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 18 at 09:54
The symptoms you describe could point to the known "lifting head" issue.
This is where the cylinder head bolts yield and are no longer capable of clamping the head to the block once boost levels / cylinder combustion pressures rise over a certain point.

Fookin useless VW managing to engineer in design faults where there previously were none...

Can you post up your engine code. Also this is posted in T4 section but you describe the van as T5.

Maxim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 18 at 17:44
Thanks for the reply danstervan
Is this the number you want WV12227HZAH266959 and yes it's a T5.
If if itis the head bolts what is the repair?
 Post Reply Post Reply