The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Disc conversion-what handbrake cable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolph57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Disc conversion-what handbrake cable?
    Posted: 13 Oct 18 at 13:49
I'm at the point of fitting rear discs utilising Epytec adaptors sharan discs and Golf Calipers -however wondered what others have done regarding the handbrake cable.
I didnt really want to use cable clamps to extend the length of sharan cables as there may be a suitable cable already out there. Are there other options ?

(i realise Holman engineering have bespoke cable craft cables in their kit but unfortunately i have not invested in their kit)

Thanks in advance
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 18 at 18:12
You can get away with filing flats into standard cables, it's not perfect, but works.
You will also need to add a spacer behind the adjuster nut, a piece of steel pipe with a 6mm bore and a taper on one end will do.
scrogins View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrogins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 18 at 12:19
Have you spoken to holmans dude? he is a vary nice Lad who goes out of his way to help T3 owners, he is silverbullet on here, or as fluffnstuff says adapt your own solution, so long as it looks and works efficiently it will pass the mot....
scrogins
 Post Reply Post Reply