The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT1 Accelerator Pedal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1994LT35MINIBUSCAMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT1 Accelerator Pedal
    Posted: 01 Oct 18 at 20:41
Hi folks after a LT35 accelerator pedal really need pedal itself and metal mounting plate to floor with hinge pin and bits. Mine is shot took it off to have a look and its been bodged before with a door hinge and is rusted away so non repairable unless I weld a few bits/fabricate a new one. If anyone knows a mod to replace with something else that would be great. Contacted VW and told part obsolete and not in UK stock (or German). Ideas or leads appreciated.

Cheers and happy Breeze Blocking to fellow LT chuggers

Michael
Michael
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 18 at 20:58

Yep, as you’ve found, most component parts are obsolete. Although BWbhave a couple of parts (lever arm).

I got a replacement from Asiormax on here.

It’s essentially a fabricated ‘pattern’ part - but I have to say it’s a good bit of kit. Very robust.

I haven’t installed it yet, because my repair on my old pedal is doing the job so far, but the spare is in the van under the seat just in case!

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
1994LT35MINIBUSCAMP View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1994LT35MINIBUSCAMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 18 at 21:12
Thanks Vanorak I'll ask Asiormax.
Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply