The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help- stranded in Spain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help- stranded in Spain
    Posted: 15 Sep 18 at 15:43
VW LT31 2.4TD 1991 Top rad hose. The one that connects into the right hand front of the head has spilt.
It's about 15cms and turns the right angle.
Can anyone suggest an equivalent part from another vehicle to that might be easy to obtain in Spain.
95 km from Leon for what its worth.
LT31 1991 2.4 TD Florida Westphalia • Honda ST1100 • Ford Tourneo Connect
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 18 at 07:35
Only just seen this, are you still stranded?

1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
SteveSt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 18 at 07:53
Hi Robbydoo. Thanks for responding - yes still here. Nothing happens in Spain between 12:00 on Sat and 09:00 on Monday. And I am not sure if anything will happen post 09:00 but e live in hope!
If you have any thoughts on an equivalent from another vehicle. please let me know. I will try to PM you too.
It's this bit - available in Germany but hoping to avoid being stuck here whilst it is sent over.
https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/catalog/product/view/id/13323/s/schlauch-c0344a/
Cheers
Steve
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 18 at 09:05
Take your split hose to any motor factors or garage you can find, and just try to find any hose with a right angle bend in it any length around the same inside diameter as yours, then just chop it to suit, it's got to be worth a try as a temporary fix to get you moving.
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
SteveSt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 18 at 09:54
Thank you very much currently out of my hands as on the way to a garage through the RAC

robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 18 at 16:21
That 90 degree hose I would have thought would be available on most vehicles even if it has to be cut to size.

The unfortunate thing is that even if anyone could source one here you cold get one sourced and sent just as quick from where you are....
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
SteveSt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 18 at 20:57
Hey All
Thanks for the responses. It turned out a blessing in disguise that the LT (after being locked in the compound) and I were put on the low-loader this morning (Monday) and carted back (back in the sense we had already driven past Ponferrada on Saturday) and deposited outside a VW main dealer. The upside being that there was a car tuning outfit just over the road. One of the guys spoke a little English - enough to let me know there were a couple on motor factors ½km away. Both of whom had hoses with right angle bends of a suitable diameter.
The only use the VW dealer was - to cut down the hose I bought as I did not have a hacksaw with me!
So...sorted for now.
Big smile
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 18 at 10:17
All but one hose seems to be of a normal type, where you are able to by replacemet hoses in a car-part shop.
The one, at least on mine -87, going from the back end of the engine to the heater valv (I think that is where it vent) is around 28mm in the engine end, and about 16mm in the valve end. It is around 1m long. and AFAIK only awaylable from vw classic parts. From order to delivery it tokk about 2 weeks to get it. Today i am able to get it throug my local VW garage, but 2 years ago, it was shipped directely to me, and as a non-EU contry i also got som extra customs fees of abuT3€
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply