The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New to the forum. Picked up a 79 LT28D in the US
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to the forum. Picked up a 79 LT28D in the US

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt28dUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the forum. Picked up a 79 LT28D in the US
    Posted: 07 Sep 18 at 01:06
Saying hi. I picked up a 79 lt28 diesel in Maine, USA.
Need to find a photo of how the interior is set up. It came with 1 cabinet which I have no clue where it goes. Started sanding it down (typical areas where the panels meet)

Thanks

Edited by Lt28dUSA - 07 Sep 18 at 01:27
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 18 at 12:17
WelcomeHandshakeBeer

Join us in the LT Section too.

http://apascual.free.fr/amenageurs_pro.html may give you some ideas for who the converter was.

There are a few members on Turtle Island and Canada. You are not alone.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Lt28dUSA View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt28dUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 18 at 12:45
I have been browsing the lt section. Thanks for the direction.
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 18 at 21:32
That cabinet comes from a T3/Vanagon Westfalia. Do you have the 2 liter petrol or the 6syl 2,4 Diesel?
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Lt28dUSA View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt28dUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 18 at 21:46
That's what I thought. But it has the 4 cyl perkins diesel.
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 18 at 23:04
Wov, i thougt the Perkins engine went out of production when the 6syl CP engine was introdused for the model year 1979. But acording to Wikipedia, they continued offering it until nowember 1982, when they, from december 1982 only produced 6syl engines that were leaning to the right.

At least it is as easy to get parts for the Perkins engine in the USA as it is in Europe, almost impossible.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Uberhare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 18 at 23:15
We've got an LT31 near Toronto if you ever get up this way!
Lt28dUSA View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt28dUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 18 at 00:27
Originally posted by Buss Marius Buss Marius wrote:

Wov, i thougt the Perkins engine went out of production when the 6syl CP engine was introdused for the model year 1979. But acording to Wikipedia, they continued offering it until nowember 1982, when they, from december 1982 only produced 6syl engines that were leaning to the right.

At least it is as easy to get parts for the Perkins engine in the USA as it is in Europe, almost impossible.

I wish it was easy I had to order glow plugs from the uk.. the local perkins dealer can not get them anymore.
Kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 18 at 00:25
nice
 Post Reply Post Reply