The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Karmann LT 75hp DW to 116hp 2,5TDI AAT Conversion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Karmann LT 75hp DW to 116hp 2,5TDI AAT Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 19 at 22:23
And i stil hasn't posted a pickture. I will try again tomorrow.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 20 at 21:02
The Project is mowing Ahead, slowly, but it is mowing. The engine is in, i have instaaled the Intercooler, but it looked like an amateure had made the tubes between the engine and IC, so i will buy 2 more hoses for it to look better. I am using a IC from a 2006-2011 A6. It is instaled in front of the right front tyre and the air flow meeter is just behind, and below the front right head lamp. I used a 60mm alu tube to lead the air to the turbo, it is just on the right side of the cooler. I had to squeese the tube into an owal shape to get it throug the opening, beside it is the hose from the IC to the intake manifold. The silicone hose is a 90 bend going from 60 to 51mm. It was not room for 2 60mm pipes or hoses.
I used this to have some thing to folow when it comes to the EGR system: http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_145.PDF How ever, it is from 1991 and mine is from 1994, so the vacum hose from valv N75 to the hose from the valv cower to the hose going into the Turbo is not there also the hose from the cyclone filter to the IC is not there, and it shows 2 pipes from the air filter housing to valve N18 that is opening the EGR, but there is only 1 pipe. The rack With the 4 conectors and 2 vacum valves, G71 and N75 i instale to the left of the engine, in the engine compertemen, more or less under the front seat, the N18 valve is about 3cm further back. I now have to take vacume tube from the N18 valve to the air intake, where i will make a hole in the silicone hose to conect it. The vacume tube wil be around 2,5meter long. Also i have to make holes in the silicone hoses going in and out of the IC. One to the cyclone filter and one to the N75 valve. The last one will be around 2m long. It is a Fu.... lot of details that takes time.
When the long vacum tubes are done i have to lenghten the cables to the air flow sensor and then i can put the engine cower on for a while. I have to do al of the Electronics, and i will combine it With instaling a original RPM Counter, a new DAB radio (We don't have FM radio any more in Norway) conect new extra driving lights, and a cow-horn.
The Worst thing is that i have a not working Volvo M46 overdrive gearbox. I wanted to buy the bits that where broken but one of them is NLA, so i need a new one gearbox, then the gearbox install wil go quite fast i hope.
Well Well, stil a lot of things to do but i feel i see light at the end of the tunnel, and that it is not a Train comming.   
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12