The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help AAZ Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help AAZ Issue
    Posted: 23 Aug 18 at 13:21
Hi all,
I'll try and make this short/to the point ..
Brought a Carat project with worn diesel lump .. so brought a AAZ (first time I've brought a lump without hearing in running, turns out he was a lying sod :oops: )
anyhow managed to get it running .. well idles okish, but every time you open the throttle it wanted to die and after a short period of time the pump crapped out.
Shelved it for a year (to many projects) & have just got back on it, replacement used pump (later style) now fitted & it's doing the same thing .. starts & idles fine, but wants to cut out when opening the throttle leaver.
I had to change over the throttle arm assembly (missing), I did this with splined spindle in the closed position & reassembled
in reverse .. straight forward ! I'm pretty sure this Isn't an issue.
Just seems odd that i have the same Issue, could be another worn pump .. or should i look elsewhere ! anyone had a similar problem.
Many thanks
Paul
mastakilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastakilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 18 at 12:35
I'm struggling too with these AAZs, I fitted one just as you did only to have it shit the bed after 500 kms so I'm now convinced that if you really want to fit one of these old lumps, better to save yourself the hassle and have it completely checked and rebuilt as they all seem to be tired and worn...
About your issue, have you checked the fuel filter, maybe there's a clog somewhere?
 Post Reply Post Reply