The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leisure Drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pat4d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leisure Drive
    Posted: 14 Aug 18 at 16:27
Could anyone with a leisure drive conversion take a picture of the front of their bed frame please?

My van simply has 2 pieces of box section which pull forward but are not connected, it looks as if something did once connect them but has broken at some point and I would like to make something almost original to fix it if possible.

Thanks

Pat.
bobby-gg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobby-gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 18 at 06:53
I'll try and get pictures of mine this week for you, but it's a fairly simple design.

There's a pair of fixed box sections that end just before the engine cover, with a pair of sliding tubes that fit inside, and a pair of strap hinges welded the front of the slide tubes.

When in the upright position the sliding tubes hold the seat back at about 30° (guessing) and then pulled forward the hinges fold over on themselves and the upright seat becomes the first bit of the flat bed.

I think the standard hinges were 4" and this summer mine were starting to wear out so I carefully cut them off, they are welded on, and replaced them with heavy duty 6" which are the biggest you could fit as when slide back the end of the hinge stops when it hits the outer tube.

Hope this helps you for now

Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply