The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9DG Pop-Top

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9DG Pop-Top
    Posted: 13 Aug 18 at 07:48
The time has come to part company with the bus.
It is a 1986 1.9 DG 2wd five speed converted panel - weekender/day van.
I have just had both front arches and complete step panels on both sides replaced. A repair done to the offside centre side window and the nearside rear arch was replaced, No sooner had this been done then the gearbox failed!
I eventually sourced and fitted a completely overhauled five speed box last month and while it was off the road I removed the engine, changed a couple of pipes and seals, and as the exhaust was pretty rusty have now changed this to a complete Speedshop stainless steel system. I have rubbed the body down ready for new paint. I ran out of time to have it up and running and painted in time for our summer holiday, so I sourced an early T5 Kombi as a stop gap. I had the full intention of carrying on with the work when i got back, but now I think it's time to call it a day!
It is currently sorn and I have not fired it up since replacing the box and exhaust.
I would like to sell as complete, but will break it if enough interest.
The bus is pretty sound, but will require a new front screen and probably the front chassis jacking points replacing for it's next MOT in November.
The interior is in need of re-trimming (something else I was going to do).
It is fitted with a good Devon pop roof, a set of 15" OZ Route wheels with near new Contivancontact tyres on the front, a full Just Kampers rock n roll bed and recent Bilstien B4 dampers.

Looking for £2,500.00 ono complete or if enough interest I will break it.

Please email me on george1thomas2@sky.com or PM for pictures.

Thanks

Ashley
 Post Reply Post Reply