The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abs control module

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abs control module
    Posted: 11 Aug 18 at 01:03
Hi all. My abs control module has given up. I've checked all the fuses etc. Had no comms on the codes. What's my best option here? Get a second hand unit and get it coded? Is this possible? Or get a new ecu from tps? Or send it off to try and get it fixed? Thanks in advance. Any help will be appreciated
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 18 at 02:15
What codes are you getting ?  If the wiring to the unit is faulty you may not have a problem with the actual ABS unit itself.

If you are in the UK IIRC there are places that do a good job of fixing them much cheaper than buying a new one (but I can't recommend anyone as I don't know who does a good job).  A search on ABS should turn up some threads in this sub-forum with some useful info.

I wouldn't buy a used one as it may have the fault waiting to appear later.

Edited by gregozedobe - 11 Aug 18 at 02:19
Jdprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 18 at 19:10
Getting 01130 abs operation not a plausible signal. I've checked all the fuses. There's no fuse under the battery tray it's just a direct feed but is supposed to be fused according to the diagrams.
 Post Reply Post Reply