The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Radiator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 18 at 11:47
They didn't change it, said the belts and water pump look new and that IR thermometer showed everything was running within temp limits, just the guage showing hit, told me to change the sensors. Which I have, twice. First ones I screwed up by ordering drunk, second lot which I think are the right ones, didn't register anything on the gauge.
1994 LT35E 2.4TD
mojo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 18 at 16:16
Haha....stay away from tinternet when drunk!
If the gauge is reading cold when cold then warming up with engine it's unlikely the sensors.
Had the same problem on a friends ford ranger 04, temp gauge would go through the roof on a hill.  Drained and flushed the system, didn't look like it had any coolant/antifreeze in it. Rad flow was fine. Come to clean the dirty expansion bottle out and it was half full with solidified rust sediment which I had to break out. Refilled, bled and road tested.......same problem. We had no history on the vehicle so decided to change stat and pump, when we removed the pump (which by all outward appearances looked fine and turned fine) it had no impellers left, just tiny little stumps, they had all rusted off.
What condition was your coolant in when you changed it? How much muck came out? Just thinking that if like the garage say it's a new pump....it should be new coolant and a cleanish system???
2006 LT35 TDI 109 AVR
Jammy75 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 18 at 18:59
Hi,
When I drained the coolant didn't get loads of muck out with it, then flushed it through a few times before replacing with the spec'd coolant. The sensors taken out had rusted, bought what I think are the right ones now. I'll try them over Christmas, if they don't fix it, will check the aux pump is working.
1994 LT35E 2.4TD
Jammy75 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 19 at 15:08
Me again, temp sensors I bought using 7zap for part numbers turned out to be wrong again.  I need a 4pin and a 2pin, the way 7zap show it, the parts I need for an ACL engine can only be one way:
item 25C is 251919369F (2pin for ACL)
item 25D 357919501 (4pin for ACL)
They don't work, the temp guage doesnt move at all.  I've found the original ones and managed to get the numbers off them using a magnifing glass and shining light at different angles on to them. There part numbers are:
item 25C 701919369B (4pin for ACL)
iten 25D 251919501D (2pin for 1E)
So is my running hot issue because I have a sensor for a 1E engine or is 7zap wrong?
Here's the link, https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/lt+lt+4x4/lt/1994-109/9/919-112010/. You dont get the engine column if you view using a mobile phone.  Sorry to be a pain, but, I'd like to get the right sensors in there, hopefully fourth time is a charm.

Thanks,
Jammy

1994 LT35E 2.4TD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12