The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AAZ buzzer of doom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastakilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AAZ buzzer of doom
    Posted: 22 Jul 18 at 20:36
I have only recently managed to drive a bit my newly converted van, had a JX, now has an eco AAZ.
It works well enough, can't complain: only issue is that when cold, and until warm (4-5 kms) the oil pressure light blinks and the buzzer buzzes. Once warm, it goes away...
I thought it could be the oil, initially I used a 5w30 oil, ysterday I filled it with 10w40 but it does the same thing.
I want to add a proper oil pressure sensor, but until then can I assume that since it goes away when warm it is not going to harm the engine? I also thought of replacing the sensor/switch on the filter housing with the grey one that should trigger at a lower pressure...

Edited by mastakilla - 23 Jul 18 at 08:45
mastakilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastakilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 18 at 09:02
Maybe there's no problem with the oil pressure at all...I discovered that my VSR relay ground wire was disconnected, as a result the aux battery in the front was not charging: I noticed it because power windows and power steering were getting weaker (they are both powered by the aux battery).
Once sorted, I've got no buzz or light at all, even from cold. Let's see if it lasts..
 Post Reply Post Reply