The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT40 EXHAUST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spidermonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT40 EXHAUST
    Posted: 15 Jul 18 at 08:05
Hi there, am having problems fitting a whole new exhaust on my MK1 LT40 I have ordered what I believed to be the right exhaust for the year and gave the reg but what i received is completely different. Can any of you give me some advice whether this is indeed the wrong piece supplied or is it something that i have to adapt ? Thankyou in advance for your replies XXX
Spidermonkey View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spidermonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 18 at 08:05
Apologies i'm having probs posting phtos
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 18 at 12:15
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spidermonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 18 at 07:44
Thanking you LTCAMPER for the link it does seem to have a lot of information about my van. Unfortunately im a tad confused by how the numbers are listed as I normally just go for the registration. Any more info on interpreting it would be helpful. Sorry for being a bit divvy lol
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 18 at 10:18
What seems to be the issue?

I bought on for my LT40 and had to modify it as it was if all the brackets where on the wrong way round almost as if the tail pipe went to the other side of the van....
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 18 at 12:11
Originally posted by Spidermonkey Spidermonkey wrote:

Thanking you LTCAMPER for the link it does seem to have a lot of information about my van. Unfortunately im a tad confused by how the numbers are listed as I normally just go for the registration. Any more info on interpreting it would be helpful. Sorry for being a bit divvy lol

?What year?
?Engine code : DV, DW, ACL etc at the beginning of the engine number?

It can be a little confusing but you will get used to it.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spidermonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 18 at 13:46
Hey again, sorry no reply to your replies have been underneath van sorting it with a lil help from a local friend. yes the tail pipe they sent me was facing the wrong way and the brackets were in the wrong place so i sent that back. The box was fine so i kept that and the front pipe was definately too long after the two flanges so i sent that back too. I brought some panels too and they indeed didnt fit the cab. Taking into account theyre age and likely to not quite fit anyways. I sent them back as they were the wrong shape. It does seem odd ?

Dreamcatcher View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 18 at 17:24
Converters like Devon, turned the silencer over to bring the tail pipe out on the offside.
Dave 1991 LT31 Camper
 Post Reply Post Reply