The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vw Rocker cover 2.0 litre petrol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vw Rocker cover 2.0 litre petrol
    Posted: 12 Jul 18 at 22:21
Hi folks I am having problems with my T4 2.0 petrol.I had a small oil leak from oil pressure sensor so replaced that and decided to take off rocker cover as still had a small leak and discovered some of the gssket was missing so bought a new one and fitted today but think I have something wrong!.At the belt end(left if facing windscreen from front of van)there is a small orange rubber piece that Im not sure if it goes under the gasket or over?anyone know?.I also think I may have got oil in my alternator as battery light on now !:( wished I hadnt bothered touching the damm thing now ! I had got van running and not cutting out at traffic lights after replacing vacuum hose from ECU to t junction and manifold and also repaired the Fuel gauge and temp gauge by taking out instrument cluster and resoldering the 6 points .But really want to know if theres something I am doing wrong?maybe better clean up of mating surfaces?that damm orange rubbrr half circle is whats bothering me most wondering if I moved it putting cover back on,Any tips regarding this piece please?
 Post Reply Post Reply