The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lower Ball joints

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lower Ball joints
    Posted: 09 Jul 18 at 16:39
My van failed its French CT (MOT test equivalent) not long after after I changed the lower ball joints in 2012. I thought I had posted the tale on here, but can't find the topic.

The first joints I installed had slight vertical play after only 5,500 miles, and were replaced with Lemförder units from brick-yard after they caused the test failure 7,000 miles later

Anyway, the topic I created on the Samba forum was revived yesterday, and I think the discussion could be of interest to the members here, as I have recently reached a conclusion regarding the design and application of these ball joints.

I hope it is acceptable to post a link to the other forumSmile

dave friday View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 18 at 08:35
Thanks Richard,I read the tail ( on Samba). The Spanish ITV ( MOT ) check just uses a wobble pad under the wheels to check for play on ball joints,wheel bearings etc,so a lot of loose bits are missed!
I have two ball joints ready to fit but will see what happens on the"Samba"
Kr.
1992 1.6td syncro
 Post Reply Post Reply