The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Lt35 member saying hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTRob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Lt35 member saying hello
    Posted: 01 Jul 18 at 19:33
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum, so big hellooo!
I am based in Somerset and have just
Purchased an lt35(86) 2.4d.
After getting the Karcher out it would seem
The majority of the bottom panels on the
Driver side are in need of replacement.
Are the ribs replaceable? Couple look worse fo
Wear along the bottom. Plenty to get on with
Our dreams are going to be built.
I may call on the experience of u guys.
Many thanks and cheers
paulypj View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulypj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 18 at 20:50
hello!
I have now owned our LT35 (1989) for about 3 weeks or so.
The folks on here have a huge amount of knowledge and are so helpful.

Welcome!! Big smile
LTRob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTRob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 18 at 17:35
Hi paulypj. I have a mountain to climb before our van is anywhere near ready
To go for the mot. What kind of condition is ur van in ? I have to replace All the lower panels down one side so far. Plus the sliding door runner channel is rotten.
I have my work cut out. And that’s not inc all the bushes need replacing ect
Hope ur van sails along nicely. Hopefully be able to enjoy ours next year.
Cheers
1994LT35MINIBUSCAMP View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1994LT35MINIBUSCAMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 18 at 18:19
Hi folks

Just had my 94 2.4D LT35 minibus camperconversion for a few weeks now, little bit rotten but not too bad, hole under battery and some side struts (maybe ribs Rob is talking about) underneath between outer sills and chassis. Found these guys who break LTs well worth a look for panels.. company is Alfasud-parts online. I'm based just outside Thetford on A11 if you're chugging by fellow breeze blockers welcome. Tea and empathy free
Michael
paulypj View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulypj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 18 at 19:41
Haha I was on the A11 heading London bound today actuallybin our LT35 !
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1994LT35MINIBUSCAMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 18 at 20:50
Hope the wind was behind you just being changing glowplugs today all done PITA. Just got to fill with antifreeze/coolant and fix ridiculously wobbly accelerator pedal.

Next time you're up the A11 there's a great stopping point in Santon Downham still free parking with toilets in forest by the river link below:

https://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/FCE_A4_St_Helensv6.pdf/$file/FCE_A4_St_Helensv6.pdf

Also good access for canoeing and cycling.
Michael
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 18 at 04:47
Asiormax can provide most panels, just search for sale for details.
Buy a welder it's the only way to keep old campers on the road unless you deep pockets.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1994LT35MINIBUSCAMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 18 at 20:25
Great thanks for the tip already looking at welding kit need to find an accelerator pedal mines is shot
Michael
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 18 at 12:12
Arek does pedals too for about £60.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1994LT35MINIBUSCAMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 18 at 20:10
Great thanks Vanorak still waiting on fresh coolant to put in before firing up after changing glowplugs, managed a bit of a fettle around other stuff on the van today. Thought I might try a second hand breathable caravan cover to slow down the tin worm over winter. The more I poke around the more I like these vans even with the Tetley 2000 perforation bodywork. Cleaned the side door runners and reoiled and loads better.

Thanks Michael
Michael
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 18 at 09:12
Hi Michael, and welcome to the forum, FYI "vanorak" refers to how long/how many posts someone has made on the forum it isn't everyone's forum name, which is why it says "newbie" under yours SmileSmile, (I saw you thanked Chappy as "vanorak" on your wanted post as well), the one you just thanked is LTCamper89 LOLThumbs Up
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1994LT35MINIBUSCAMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 18 at 20:34
Doh !!! Thanks Bejay

To start press any key

Where's the any key ??
Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply