The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear seats in T5 Kombi conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazza1878 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear seats in T5 Kombi conversion
    Posted: 01 Jul 18 at 10:15
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum and I’m hoping for some sound advice from anybody who has also pondered this question,
I have a 2010 T5.1 Kombi conversion with a 2+1 seat fitted directly behind front row all fitted with BEB parts reinforced plates etc. My question is I really want to make my van more useful as a day van so I want to move the seats back, now what are my options?
Can I fit a three seat bench in rear? Or should I fit a 3/4 RnR bed? Or are there others options? I have been told that it isn’t possible to fit seat belts in rear position, something to do with reinforcement, bearing in mind I will be carrying two children in rear so safety is paramount. Any useful info or advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
danjdelor@gmail.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjdelor@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 18 at 15:50
Hi there,
I don't have experience of your bus but I have done some research into beds/seats.

Basically, if you want it safe, it's an expensive business. There's a lot out there for R&R beds which are great but pricey - one of the best is the RIB, but there are other's like the Smart bed and the Reimo system. Make sure they are at least Pull-tested (M1) and fitted with very strong large steel washers underneath to spread the load.
Alternatively you could look at a Caravelle rear seat set-up with rails - you may need a topper for comfort but it does enable you to slide the seat up closer to the front. These are the guys to see : www.oxfordt5.co.uk/
Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply