The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sven Hedin Boiler woes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sven Hedin Boiler woes
    Posted: 15 Jun 18 at 23:37
Hi all

New member - just got a Sven Hedin 1987 after 4 fab years in a westy Joker.

My boiler doesn’t seem to work.

If I flip the switch then I get a green light, then a click, then the red error light comes on

Any ideas of likely places to start looking.

Also an intro to a good place that can service these boilers if it is beyond me - around the Berkshire area pls

Thanks in advance
Serge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 18 at 15:55
Hi and welcome! Beer
The usual cause is either no gas or no water getting to the boiler, check that the gas taps on the manifold are all in the 'on' position and that water is flowing through the hot water tap.
The fact that you have a click means it is attempting to light is a good thing as it means you have power to the boiler control board.
That's the limit of my knowledge I'm afraid but I hope you get it sorted! Smile
1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
 Post Reply Post Reply