The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RM 184 fridge voltage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RM 184 fridge voltage
    Posted: 03 Jun 18 at 10:29
Just doing a quick check on my 12v fridge operation.  Engine running without fridge (at battery terminals) = 13.97v.   Engine running with fridge = 13.30v.  Does that seem about right does anyone know? Fridge not working very well, barely running at all in fact on 12 v operation.
killerme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 18 at 15:53
Also - under gas - I'm getting not much better than 15 degrees in the centre of the fridge with the gas.  The freezing element inside the fridge is about 5 degrees. Cold but not freezing.  I wonder if the door is leaking!
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 18 at 06:44
The door is a big leak when you open it, the cold air just 'falls out', on hot days one can feel it.

So it doesn't cool very well on either of the sources ? get it out of your van and put it upside down for a night. Re-install and try again.

The 12V is known to be the worse of them all, I think it has to do with efficiency because the power of the 12V and 230V elements are the same.

One more thing: keep the back of your fridge as cool as possible, the cooler it is there, the cooler it is in the fridge. And that is even influenced by the way you park the van towards or away from the sun.

Edited by KrisG - 06 Jun 18 at 19:14
Regards,
Kris
killerme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 18 at 08:19
Much appreciated KrisG.  All points noted and I'm digging the fridge out right now!

Post Reply Post Reply