The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NS Front stub axel running hot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulglider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NS Front stub axel running hot
    Posted: 01 Jun 18 at 09:26
Hi all,

I've taken the plunge and bought another one! 

I have a a 1990 (once 9 seater) Bus that is running hotter on the near side front wheel. Suspect front stub axel is warn or on its last. Am i right to assume that these parts are only available from broken van and getting hard to source.

Any help would be great, James.
danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 18 at 16:48
Take it you've already checked and eliminated it's not simply the brake binding slightly that's causing the heat issue.
Have you also checked for any noise, roughness, or play in the wheel bearing as these could be a factors in the symptom you describe.

soulglider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulglider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 18 at 17:02
I'll take a look over those points but the brakes are operating as expected and there are no nasty noises from there :)
 Post Reply Post Reply