The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasonLT351995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help?
    Posted: 28 May 18 at 10:51
Hi everyone, wondering if someone can help with a couple of things with out LT35. 1st off is this noise, it only comes once the engine is warm and is most noticeable at idle? I have uploaded a video here.

https://youtu.be/_jBdwrfUiLM

2nd I have the D24TIC engine, I noticed the other day that the temperature guage creeps up past half way. On investigating I could see the radiator had some dirt covering 20-30% of it so cleaned that off. Was wondering if anyone has redirected the intercooler though to allow better airflow to the rad? It could easily be redirected to the passenger side?
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 18 at 01:24
1 What noise are you referring to? The tapping? The low hum?
2 Do you mean to relocate the intercooler? Heard of adding a bigger intercooler (Search D24T mods) but as for moving it, well you'll need it to be in the line of air flow for it to be efficiently convecting heat.
You shouldn't be running hot anyway. Around halfway along the gauge. A little creep up when pushing it isn't too unusual but it should drop relatively quickly when idling.

Edited by Monster LT - 29 May 18 at 01:32
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
DasonLT351995 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasonLT351995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 18 at 08:13
The ticking noise yea. Only comes when warmed up. Yea obviously I would modify the front panel so air flow would get to the intercooler, the passenger side seams the perfect spot for it.
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 18 at 09:15
Sounds like a cam follower to me
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasonLT351995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 18 at 09:18
How expensive / difficult is it to change a cam follower?
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasonLT351995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 18 at 09:28
Is that the vacuum pump rod?
paulypj View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulypj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 18 at 12:26
hi

just interested in the resolve of the noise issue?

always good to know how the story ends!

cheers,

Paul (the newbie) Wink
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasonLT351995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 18 at 12:27
I bought an aftermarket vacuum pump for £40, no annoying noise anymore :)
paulypj View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulypj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 18 at 17:48
Ah that’s good news!!
 Post Reply Post Reply