The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change Petrol to Diesel with DVLA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richdcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change Petrol to Diesel with DVLA
    Posted: 23 May 18 at 13:55
I’ve acquired a T3/25 which has had a 1.9TDI Passat engine installed by the previous owner.
It was all done professionally but they never changed it with the DVLA.

What are they likely to say now I’m the new owner and want to change?
VW T3 1.9TDI
VW Golf Mk4 Estate 1.9TDI PD130
projectplastics View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projectplastics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 19 at 17:02
My advice is 'don't'. Of corse it depends where you live but I was in a similar position and decided to "come clean" and change the V5. I had to produce the receipt for the work done - the engine change - and an inspection report from another garage. Now, although it is a camper van, I am unable to travel north of where I live in it. I live just south of the emission zone.
DAVEGEEZZER View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVEGEEZZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 19 at 16:39
Last month I registered my engine change from 1.9 Dg to 1.9 AAZ ( petrol to diesel) all I did was send the log book off with the changes, it then got sent back saying I needed the garage report etc so I resent it with a letter from my mates garage on headed paper saying that he confirms it is a AAZ with engine number xxxxxxxx. Log book came back all sorted ! 

WANTED ;- underfloor lpg tank and fittings and a set of big mirrors (lhd )
Phaeton_Buggy View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phaeton_Buggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 19 at 00:11
I had the same when I swapped out the engine in my kitcar, just a letter from my local garage stating that they had inspected the car & the engine number was xxxxxx & it what make & model it was.
 Post Reply Post Reply