The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying an LT40

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calumfsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying an LT40
    Posted: 05 Apr 18 at 10:06
Howdy folks, new to this forum so good day to all!! I'm considering buying an LT 40 (1995) with a luton box. Going to turn it into a camper eventually. Its recently had a new gearbox and prop shaft and flawless recent service according to the current owner. However, the van has done 250,000 miles.  Does this ring alarm belss with anyone? I know they should be good for 400,000 at least really but is there anything i should check for when i go take a look or any tell tale signs of things about to go? I'd probably get the cam belt changed ASAP if i bought it. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help guys, nice to meet you all!! Cheers, Calum.
Life is short, jump in with both feet first!!
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 18 at 12:12
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply