The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VSS ON 2.0 TDI 140 T5.1 2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5.1camper_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VSS ON 2.0 TDI 140 T5.1 2011
    Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 21:17
Can anyone show me where the vehicle speed sensor is on the t5.1 2.0 tdi? Thanks in advance
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 18 at 09:51
I think they use the ABS sensor/sensors for calculation of vehicle speed.  There is usually is a wire behind the dash with a signal on it for VSS so the radio volume can turn itself up at higher speeds. 

What's the problem?  If you have a speed sensor fault code coming up it's probably a faulty ABS speed sensor or a loom problem.

Welcome by the way. Smile

Edited by T5 TDI - 07 Feb 18 at 09:53
2004 2.5 174
T5.1camper_king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5.1camper_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 18 at 21:39
Hi, thanks for the reply, the speedo needle seems to work fine then bounce. I had a similar thing happen on a golf a while back and thought is was the same problem. With that the VVS was on the gearbox and changing it fixed the problem. Could I try disconnecting the ABS sensors and seeing if the speedo stops working alltogether? Atleast then I will be able to tell if the speedo is run from these   .
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 18 at 23:06
You could try that but it will cause the ABS and traction lights to come on and fault codes to be set.  Probably (but not definitely) the light will go out once you reconnect and drive the van a short way but if you have access to VCDS diagnostics you can clear any codes you might cause and see if it has any VSS codes.  
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply