The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diesel injectors VW lt35 1989

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diesel injectors VW lt35 1989
    Posted: 28 Oct 17 at 16:25
Hi.my van was running rather sick and hard to start.So after a quick look found my injector was leaking.After removing the bloody thing and then taking in apart found that one of the pieces inside was broken.
So looking for replacements found them on just campers for £57+£20 exchange.so anyone know anywhere else,or any other help would be really helpful.many thanks
Own 1989 LT35e camper
Uberhare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 17 at 20:12
You could use the injector body from any 1.6L turbo diesel I believe they are the same.  Personally with injectors I'd rebuilt them all as a matched set.   You can buy the nozzles from the GTD for a slight performance increase and have a local injection shop adjust the pressures.  Or even do it yourself if you build a rig.
Spanner man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 17 at 22:23
Thanks for that information.
But went with a company online, who after a few emails a price was agreed and could turn them round in 48 hours.So injectors were packaged up and sent to them,and having a weekend.Got email on Tuesday saying that they were done,so phoned to pay on Wednesday and got them back on Thursday.
All done and the company was Diesel Bod.co.uk and the price £36 each plus vat plus new heat shields for fitting.
All back in waiting to fire up tomorrow.
Own 1989 LT35e camper
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 17 at 12:12
?Do you mean http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/ ?

Diesel Bod.co.uk yields no results.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Spanner man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 17 at 12:20
Hi sorry about that
http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/
Own 1989 LT35e camper
Uberhare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 17 at 15:57
Nozzles are pretty cheap to buy (15-20 each), and you can easily build your own pop tester from a hydraulic bottle jack.   I just ordered a set of GTD nozzles for my van.   They are just starting to smoke a bit more than I like at lower RPM, so hopeful new nozzles with fix that plus give me more power.
 Post Reply Post Reply