The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AHU to DY Bellhousing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuxuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AHU to DY Bellhousing
    Posted: 27 Oct 17 at 15:00
Hi Starting to get a little nervous, so ive swapped the bellhousing from a DY diesel box to a petrol ABD four speed (rebuilt and brickwerks input shaft in place). So far so good, now to mating to the AHU engine it doesn't look that compatible to me, am I missing something? Also starter motor do I have to modify something   
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 17 at 18:52
engine has to be rotated. easiest way is to use diesel kit. including diesel flywheel and starter motor

UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Fuxuper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuxuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 17 at 14:01
What do you mean by diesel kit? I was planning on using the AHU clutch and flywheel, will it go in the diesel bell housing from the DY box
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 17 at 19:41
you cant use ahu clutch or flywheel the starter ring gear is on the wrong side and the clutch wont fit the t3 gearbox input shaft. by diesel kit i mean everything that was attached to the old t3 diesel motor and swap over onto your engine.
think you need to look into the conversion a little more

Fuxuper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuxuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 17 at 15:17
So what is the bickwerks conversion shaft for then? There was no engine or box in the van!
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 17 at 17:57
conversion shaft is so you can use golf 228 clutch plate on a petrol flywheel iirc. you need to look into what your trying to do a bit more

Fuxuper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuxuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 17 at 18:13
Ive just tried it and it fits the standard ahu clutch perfectly need to fit spigot bearing and replace old clutch and I have now found out that with starter motor adaptor from brickwerks, I can use the tdi starter. just need to source a t3 thrust bearing and maybe a little grinding inside the casing, good old facebook forums eh?
 Post Reply Post Reply