The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sliding door handle repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old age traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sliding door handle repair
    Posted: 01 Oct 17 at 11:11
Hi all
Van been going well so not posted for a while only reading the posts for interest.
Looking for info on an old VW recall. Vans were rusting round the sliding door handle and VW were repairing/replacing the handle free of charge. I was 6 months too late for this, it was only for 6 years after registration, so have left it and it now is getting worse. Anyone had this done, or has any information on what is required.
I assume if I can find out the part number of the handle it will have the relevant changes but maybe it was just the plastic base that was changed and a new handle is not required.
I don't know. I should be able to contact VW and get the information but I have a rust hole in the near side step under the step protector and have trying to get VW customer services to explain how this can be caused by a paint defect and therefore not covered by the perforation warranty. I have not even had a reply and judging by the stories on the web I am very unlikely to get satisfaction so will try some cavity wax and some filling.
I hope someone on here has information for me as I don't relish the mind numbing prospect of getting some help from VW.
Mechanically challenged.
 Post Reply Post Reply