The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will crafter seats fit into a lt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginga007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will crafter seats fit into a lt
    Posted: 02 Sep 17 at 22:18
Hi, new to this. Do vw crafter seats fit into a LT35? Thanks in advance
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 17 at 21:35
Eh... this is the LT1 section. Is it a LT 1 you want to install the seat in, or is it the MB Sprinter based LT2?

I don't think a sprinter seat will fit in a LT1. but i think a seat from a VW T3 will fit.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
JILLY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JILLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 17 at 01:23
Got Ford Transit seats in mine, two singles with armrests. Think they were from a 2003 model but were near new when I fitted them. They were originally in a coachbuilt camper but new owner upgraded to captain swivels. Not really a straightforward job but the drivers seat sliders were welded on to the original LT base and the passenger seat is on the original transit base with brackets made up to match bolt holes. Drivers seat is about inch and a half higher but its very comfy. The handbrake deffo restricts the seat width you can have, I can just about grab hold of mine to pull it up but I have had no comments from MOT guys. As it happens I have also fitted new leather seats in my T3. They were from a Chrysler but cant remember what model it was now, very similar size to original T3 but look so much nicer and more comfy too. Again bases need simple adaptions.
1991 LT35e
2003 Beetle TDI (hers)
1991 Fiat Panda 750 Mania (for sale)
1985 T3 Devon pop top
2000 MGF
 Post Reply Post Reply