The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shock absorbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shock absorbers
    Posted: 28 Aug 17 at 21:56
thinking about replacing mine what are youlot running? mine on a slight drop from the factory cheers Dan
Flat 6's forever
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 17 at 15:15
Bilstein B4's are best budget option.... then you can spend more and get more refined units...  
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 17 at 17:30
koni reds are top quality dan but pricey.

Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

wbx6dan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 17 at 18:39
thanks guys i see baxter sells avo and bilstein !
you know me jase koni reds sound good mine are red from oettinger all the konis on
fleebay seem to be yellow ? whos the best supplier? german?
Flat 6's forever
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 17 at 21:21
Im running the avos with no quibbles Thumbs Up
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 17 at 17:46
Oettinger used Sachs Super Touring shocks I believe, back in the day. Getting hold of Koni's for lowered suspension might difficult without buying  H&R cup kit. Lowered Koni's are marked SP25. Bilstein B4s work great at normal/legal speeds with small drops in my own experience. Baxter will probably have best advice !

Smile
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

scrogins View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrogins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 17 at 16:02
Avo`s front, B4s rear, -50mm avo springs, used to have B4s all round which were pretty good all rounders, but the weight of the camper and the lanes killed the passenger one a couple of months ago, went for the avo shortened adjustable ones to match the springs and have not been disappointed, expensive but great control over front end, adjusted about half way, not sure they would fit the -30mm springs? best check 1st, if your not heavy then B4s will do the job admirably and a reasonable price, rear end of van is still totally planted on B4s.
scrogins
wbx6dan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 17 at 18:43
thanks guys you going to busfest at the weekend charlie? would be nice to catch up Tongue
Flat 6's forever
Grantus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 17 at 15:53
I paid dearly for Koni Reds a while back...........and now, I wouldn't use any other.
Blue 88 MV Caravelle CL Manual

Was White, now Blue 91 MV Single cab Manual (Pritsche)
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 17 at 12:49
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 17 at 12:50
 Post Reply Post Reply