The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Audi V6 Conversion questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audi V6 Conversion questions
    Posted: 25 Aug 17 at 15:08
Hey guys,

I suspect this has been discussed in other forums but since mine is a SA T3,i would like some specific pointers relevant to the SA Vans. I have a 1991 SA van,currently with the original 2.5L Audi engine. Though i converted this engine to EFI(mine came with the CIS)with an aftermarket EMS, sometime down the line, i plan to install an Audi 2.8L V6 engine,ACK code. This engine is rated at about 193HP and should be plenty enough to push the heavy gal around.

I need to know the following:

• Does this V6 engine bolt straight up and hang as it should on the S.A bell housing that i have?
  • Can the gearbox handle the added power and torque without blowing up? I don't plan to do any racing and i should drive it like a sane person should
  • Some say the engine is tall, but as the rear hatch on the SA vans is already raised, will it adequately accomodate it or will i need to raise it some more? how much taller is it over the 5 cylinder.
  • Exhaust routing options, i would love to see how those have done this install have routed them

Cheers

MONK
PaulSA View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 17 at 20:55
monkslayer View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 17 at 21:01
Thanks for the link. Seems this is for the syncro and the guy is not very detailed....
MONK
PaulSA View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 17 at 21:49
The guys are knowledgeable about T3 in general, and will probably be able to help with your request.
ping Stuart (Syncromad).

monkslayer View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 17 at 21:51
Cheers! Will drop a line there too!!
MONK
 Post Reply Post Reply