The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine temp sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine temp sensor
    Posted: 14 Aug 17 at 21:16
Really basic question... I'm still learning a lot. Where is the engine temp sensor on a jx engine and how can I test it's working? Is it the black plug sensor by the gearbox end injector , behind the metal top hat thing with a yellow and brown wire?

https://goo.gl/photos/ermE1PrzA5SRwXM69

My problem is the temp needed in dial in the dash moves to the thick white mark when up to temp , sometimes even to the edge of that mark but never any further so I'm guessing there is a sensor fault.

Can I ground one of the wires on the plug going into the sensor to test the dash guage?

Sorry for all the questions.......
mattm123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 17 at 19:38
For future people, on a jx yes it is the black one with the yellow and brown wires. And yes if you jump the two wires on the plug with the ignition on the guage ( if working will shoot up to the top and the led will blink)

So a new sender needed for me!

Edited by mattm123 - 15 Aug 17 at 20:40
 Post Reply Post Reply