The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

disable immobiliser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: disable immobiliser
    Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 10:29
Hi, Please help me with the steps to disable the immobiliser. It is type Conlog, with two pin connectors all with white wires. I will really appreciate this.

Mucho
2.6i Caravelle 1997 powered by Audi 5 Cylinder - Motronic
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 13:23
Do you not have the overide key switch on the steering column?
As an emergency thing I have heard that just unplugging both connectors allows the vehicle to be started. Not tried it myself though.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 14:54
Hi, If by override key switch on the column you mean where the key fob is plugged to deactivate immobiliser and alarm, yes I have that, but it wont work either. I have also unplugged the conlog box as advised in another forum, didn't start either.
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 16:33
Your immobiliser must be a later version than mine. Do you know which circuits are immobilised? In mine it is just the starter motor circuit. Try replicating that circuit to spin the starter motor.
You do have a wiring diagram I assume?
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
dumbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 17:22
1997 its not a T3 then??? thats an R...reg???Confused

Edited by dumbo - 31 Jul 17 at 17:23
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 18:19
The T3 carried on in production in South Africa until 2003. But it's not an R reg as Mucho lives in Kenya.
dumbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 19:26
okClap  well done thought 97??? fair play 
dumbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 19:27
ok Clap well done 97??? fair play
dumbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 19:28
?????posted twice ???Confused
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 17 at 10:04
The wiring diagram I have is not entirely accurate for my model. The wisdom from the folks over at syncroSA is that the ECU needs reprogramming. Merely disconnecting the conlog box didnt work for me. Still mulling over my options.

edit: Oh and the starter cranks, so it has to be either the fuel pump or the ecu, or both

Edited by mucho - 01 Aug 17 at 10:28
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 17 at 12:14
Have you read the saga where Silverbullet was looking for a replacement ecu, only to find that there was a broken wire in the plug for the ecu?
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 17 at 13:30
not yet, probably worth a read.
mitch993 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 17 at 22:42
Originally posted by mucho mucho wrote:

The wiring diagram I have is not entirely accurate for my model. The wisdom from the folks over at syncroSA is that the ECU needs reprogramming. Merely disconnecting the conlog box didnt work for me. Still mulling over my options.

edit: Oh and the starter cranks, so it has to be either the fuel pump or the ecu, or both

Brief look at the wiring diagram for 1995 model, shows the starter and fuel pump fed from relays which are both controlled by the alarm unit, I can't see any connection from the alarm unit to ECU.

Basic tests - If it cranks over, check for spark at spark plug (to rule out ECU) I suspect you will have spark.
Ignition on - check what you have at the fuel pump with a multi meter, I think you will find no earth.
Report back on what you find and we can go from there.
If I get chance, ill do some checks on mine with the immobiliser active (I know mine disables the starter, not sure if fuel pump is disabled)Thumbs Up
Paul

Edited by mitch993 - 01 Aug 17 at 23:16
Paul Mitchell, SA 2.6 microbus
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 07:34
I have my work cut out for the weekend then. Thanks for the pointers, will do the tests and report back.
marlinowner View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 12:36
It was me that found that unplugging the immobilizer allowed the van to start, but obviously VW addressed that with a new immobilizer.
Here is a link which includes an email address for someone with a wiring diagram for a Caravelle 2.6I conlog.
http://www.fixya.com/cars/t17492450-schematic_wiring_diagram_2_6i_vw

Hopefully he can help.
wrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 17 at 12:08
I'm no expert, but from reading between the lines it sounds as if there are three immobilisers out there.

The simple one cuts the fuel pump with an internal relay. This is what I have in my 2.3.

The more complex one cuts both the fuel pump and the starter circuit using normally-closed relays, so if you unplug the immobiliser the relays stay closed and everything works. This is the one in that famous 'Microbus Wiring 5.pdf" wiring diagram.

But there is (might be?) a third one which is similar to the second one, which also talks to the EFI box on the K line (OBD II) and with that system someone with the correct dongle needs to reprogram the EFI box as well.
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 18 at 13:05
If your immo is in the ECU like mine was. Then you need to to re-write your flush memory of the ECU with an immo-off file.

Jack1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 19 at 01:03

Hi, Please help me with the steps to disable the immobiliser. It is type Conlog, with two pin connectors all with white wires. I will really appreciate this.

Mucho
I lost my mobilizer it is type conlog,with two pin connectors all with white wire. Please help me out with the steps to disable the immobilizer. 

Jack1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 19 at 01:04
no
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 19 at 07:59
Originally posted by Jack1000 Jack1000 wrote:

Mucho
I lost my mobilizer it is type conlog,with two pin connectors all with white wire. Please help me out with the steps to disable the immobilizer. 

Download the appropriate immo-off file from the link below and write it in your flush memory of your ECU. that worked for me. all the best.

Post Reply Post Reply