The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 engine conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roachkelly1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 engine conversion
    Posted: 25 Jul 17 at 19:21
Hi guys I'm new on the forum,
I've got a 2.1 petrol T3 camper an want to do a 1.8t conversion I've picked up a low mileage Passat all complete can anyone help me in advice as to Wats need parts wise , and Wats the best way to go about this scary task
e42b View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e42b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 17 at 21:01
Hi,
first, you should look for an old CS, KY or JX engine which has motor mount parts, oil pan and the tubes in working condition still mounted. You might also use the alternator mounting and v-belt pulleys.
I'm sure you'll find some more parts useful when you're at work.
You'll need some gearbox parts like the clutch housing and the transmission shaft.
The task you're heading is not unpretentious so it would be a good idea to know someone with some experience with this sort of reconstruction.
On the whole, it would be a lot easier to convert a Diesel, since the engine blocks are derived from the same principle.
Good luck
E.

Edited by e42b - 06 Aug 17 at 21:06
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 17 at 07:49
might be worth a mooch on the samba too (you dont need to join unless you want to chat to people you can still read posts and access pictures) theres a fair few been done over there. also not 100% but i think the immobs in the clocks.... be worth disconnecting and seeing if the passat runs without them fitted.

Edited by rowlesy - 07 Aug 17 at 07:51
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
 Post Reply Post Reply